"Previously on the West Wing" spoken by C.J.
After a foreign terrorist is caught at the border with explosives, President Bartlet (Martin Sheen) ponders the impact of ordering a heightened security alert for the nation's airports. Toby (Richard Schiff) is shocked to uncover the President's secret affliction with multiple sclerosis -- and he details its political and legal ramifications in an intense discussion with Bartlet and Leo (John Spencer).
In other White House corridors, Sam (Rob Lowe) and Josh (Bradley Whitford) try to punch up an upcoming presidential speech with snappy one-liners while Josh jousts with Donna (Janel Moloney) over many contentious subjects, including the exact start date of her employment. In addition, Sam and Ainsley Hayes (Emily Procter) fuss over the 14th Amendment and equal rights for women.
- With only three actors in the Special Guest, Guest and Co-Starring credits, it has the smallest guest cast of any West Wing episode.
- Allison Janney was originally in this episode but had to be written out when she had to fly to London, England to film extra scenes for The Hours.
- Rob Lowe as Sam Seaborn
- Dulé Hill as Charlie Young
- Allison Janney as C.J. Cregg
- Janel Moloney as Donna Moss
- Richard Schiff as Toby Ziegler
- John Spencer as Leo McGarry
- Bradley Whitford as Josh Lyman
- and Martin Sheen as Jed Bartlet