1974 is a year on the Gregorian calendar.
- The Campaign Reform Act is passed, a major step in campaign finance reform.
- India sets off a peaceful nuclear explosion. Indira Gandhi states that it was merely a show of capability, not of force.
- The Privacy Act is passed this year. This prevents officials from the White House from releasing information on citizens without their consent.
- ↑ "Soft money contributions render the 1974 Campaign Reform Act toothless." from Let Bartlet Be Bartlet
- ↑ "In 1974 India set off a peaceful nuclear explosion. Indira Gandhi herself said they had no intention of building a bomb, they just wanted to know that they could." from The Lame Duck Congress
- ↑ "I think the citizens of Dallas will understand that the 1974 Privacy Act precludes me from discussing those details until the family gives its consent." from On the Day Before
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.