1999 was between the presidential election year and the midterm elections in the United States.
- The first presidential inauguration of Josiah Bartlet.
- The Comprehensive Access and Responsibility Act, an alternative to the Patient's Bill of Rights, is introduced to Congress, but not passed into law.
- The Gun Control Bill pass by congress
Events of The West Wing
- August : events of Pilot, Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc, and A Proportional Response
- late October : events of Five Votes Down
- November : events of The Crackpots and These Women and Mr. Willis of Ohio
- November-December : events of The State Dinner and Enemies
- late December : events of The Short List
- December 23 : events of In Excelsis Deo
- "It's the Patient's Bill of Rights, but the CARA was introduced in 1999. It's fundamentally the same thing and the Republicans have agreed to discuss changing the name back." from The Leadership Breakfast
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.