Final preparation goes into President Bartlet's visit to China when he accepts a flag from the Taiwanese delegation representing the Taiwanese Independence Movement, prompting China to prepare for military action.
- Stockard Channing as Abbey Bartlet
- Dulé Hill as Charlie Young
- Allison Janney as C.J. Cregg
- Joshua Malina as Will Bailey
- Mary McCormack as Kate Harper
- Janel Moloney as Donna Moss
- Richard Schiff as Toby Ziegler
- John Spencer as Leo McGarry
- Bradley Whitford as Josh Lyman
- and Martin Sheen as President Jed Bartlet
Special Guest Stars
- Lily Tomlin as Deborah Fiderer
- Gary Cole as Bob Russell
- Ed O'Neill as Eric Baker
- and Tim Matheson as John Hoynes
- Paxton Whitehead as Bernard Thatch
- NiCole Robinson as Margaret Hooper
- George Kee Cheung as Ambassador Ling-Po
- Ming Lo as Yahlin
- and Philip Baker Hall as Senator Matt Hunt
Special Musical Appearance By
- Melissa Fitzgerald as Carol Fitzpatrick
- Ivan Allen as Roger Salier
- Kathrin Lautner as Diane Mathers
- Katherine Ann McGregor as Suzanne Hoynes
- Cheryl Carter as Congresswoman Haas
- Tim Snay as Senator Harris
- Michael Kostroff as Richard Squire
We find out in this epsiode that Hoynes had a vice-Presidential debate with his Republican opponent in the 1998 election. You can see a entry in Hoynes book index, "Under first Vice-Presidential debate".
This episode marks the first time that President Bartlett admits to suffering from specific, physical issues brought on by Multiple Sclerosis.
A Senator refers to "3-PC Orion" airplanes being sold to Taiwan. The correct designation for this airplane is "P3-C Orion".
Leo McGarry: I lived through the first Cold War. One was enough.