Final preparation goes into President Bartlet's visit to China when he accepts a flag from the Taiwanese delegation representing the Taiwanese Independence Movement, prompting China to prepare for military action.
- Stockard Channing as Abbey Bartlet
- Dulé Hill as Charlie Young
- Allison Janney as C.J. Cregg
- Joshua Malina as Will Bailey
- Mary McCormack as Kate Harper
- Janel Moloney as Donna Moss
- Richard Schiff as Toby Ziegler
- John Spencer as Leo McGarry
- Bradley Whitford as Josh Lyman
- and Martin Sheen as President Jed Bartlet
Special Guest Stars
- Lily Tomlin as Deborah Fiderer
- Gary Cole as Bob Russell
- Ed O'Neill as Eric Baker
- and Tim Matheson as John Hoynes
- Paxton Whitehead as Bernard Thatch
- NiCole Robinson as Margaret Hooper
- George Kee Cheung as Ambassador Ling-Po
- Ming Lo as Yahlin
- and Philip Baker Hall as Senator Matt Hunt
Special Musical Appearance By
- Melissa Fitzgerald as Carol Fitzpatrick
- Ivan Allen as Roger Salier
- Kathrin Lautner as Diane Mathers
- Katherine Ann McGregor as Suzanne Hoynes
- Cheryl Carter as Congresswoman Haas
- Tim Snay as Senator Harris
- Michael Kostroff as Richard Squire
We find out in this epsiode that Hoynes had a vice-Presidential debate with his Republican opponent in the 1998 election. You can see a entry in Hoynes book index, "Under first Vice-Presidential debate".
This episode marks the first time that President Bartlett admits to suffering from specific, physical issues brought on by Multiple Sclerosis.
A Senator refers to "3-PC Orion" airplanes being sold to Taiwan. The correct designation for this airplane is "P3-C Orion".
At approximately 27 minutes in, when Kate Harper has just left the Oval Office and the President and C.J. remain, with his back turned the President refers to C.J. as "Donna".
Leo McGarry: I lived through the first Cold War. One was enough.