Annabeth Schott was a producer for The Taylor Reid Show who later accepted a job at the White House as Deputy Press Secretary after C.J. Cregg's promotion to Chief of Staff. She would later participate in the Santos campaign and Santos administration.
Schott worked as a media consultant before coming to work in the West Wing. Donna Moss and Toby Ziegler were conducting interviews for the Press Secretary post that C.J. Cregg had recently vacated to become White House Chief of Staff. For reasons unknown, Schott has never been hired as the official Press Secretary but has continued as a Deputy Press Secretary. In the season finale of Season 6, Schott helped Leo McGarry coordinate the Democratic National Convention. She is now on the campaign staff of the presidential campaign of Matt Santos. She graduated from an unknown college with a degree in art history. She has an interesting habit of taking three anxiety pills and drinking a couple of glasses of champagne before flying, designed to knock her unconscious for the duration of the flight.'
- HS Diploma - Barwood High School (graduated valedictorian)
- Bachelor's Degree in Art History - University of Maryland
- Associate Degree in Political Science - Georgetown University
- Secretary to the President of Cultural Affairs at the University of Maryland
- Creator of The Taylor Reid Show
- Secretary to Senator Sam Whiteside
- Assistant Secretary at the Department of State
- Executive Secretary to Assistant Secretary of State Cathy Bond
- Executive Secretary to Mark Worischer
- Executive Secretary to Senate Majority Leader Blanche Sindelar
- 2005-2006 : Deputy White House Press Secretary for Media Relations
- 2006 : Campaign Aide to Leo McGarry for the "Santos/McGarry for a Brighter America" campaign
- 2007-Present : Press Secretary to the First Lady of the United States
There appeared to be some romantic "tension" between Annabeth and Leo. Annabeth was the one who found Leo collapsed in his hotel room.
Bartlet Staff/Santos Staff
Annabeth's co-workers seemed to like her to some degree after getting to know her (C.J. first describes her as "that little pixie from the Taylor Reid show".)
| Deputy White House Press Secretary for Media Relations|