Annabeth Schott, played by Kristin Chenoweth, is a fictional character on the NBC political drama The West Wing"'.
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
Annabeth was a media consultant before coming to work for the West Wing. Donna Moss and Toby Ziegler were conducting interviews for the Press Secretary post that C.J. Cregg had recently vacated to become White House Chief of Staff. For reasons unknown, Schott has never been hired as the official Press Secretary but has continued as a Deputy Press Secretary. In the season finale of Season 6, Schott helped Leo McGarry coordinate the Democratic National Convention. She is now on the campaign staff of the presidential campaign of Matt Santos. She graduated from an unknown college with a degree in art history. She has an interesting habit of taking three anxiety pills and drinking a couple of glasses of champagne before flying, designed to knock her unconscious for the duration of the flight.'
- HS Diploma - Barwood High School (graduated valedictorian)
- Bachelor's Degree in Art History - University of Maryland
- Associate Degree in Political Science - Georgetown University
- Secretary to the President of Cultural Affairs at the University of Maryland
- Creator of The Taylor Reid Show
- Secretary to Senator Sam Whiteside
- Assistant Secretary at the Department of State
- Executive Secretary to Assistant Secretary of State Cathy Bond
- Executive Secretary to Mark Worischer
- Executive Secretary to Senate Majority Leader Blanche Sindelar
- 2005-2006 : Deputy White House Press Secretary for Media Relations
- 2006 : Campaign Aide to Leo McGarry for the "Santos/McGarry for a Brighter America" campaign
- 2007-Present : Press Secretary to the First Lady of the United States
|Deputy White House Press Secretary for Media Relations