Argentina is a country in South America.
Later that year, the United States struck an agricultural trade deal with Argentina. The White House Chief of Staff was dismayed when the deal didn't raise the President's approval ratings in the Midwestern states.
In 2005, on a trip to Argentina, President Bartlet attended three state banquets. According to Congresswoman Link, this was a good reason why the United States needed to appoint a monarch to act as a ceremonial head of state.
- "I'm tired, I'm cranky, and my wife's in Argentina. Let's get this over with." from Celestial Navigation
- "This morning the President saw Ambassador Sumatra of Thailand, then will be Peter Hans of Sweden, followed by Her Excellency Renee Ernesto of Argentina, Noah Jolla of..." from The Drop-In
- "Yeah, but we struck the agricultural trade deal with Argentina and the farm country ought to love that." from Manchester, Part II
- "The Argentine economic attache is meeting at NEC today... on...cabbage imports." from Slow News Day
- "Which may be why, on his trip to Argentina, he went to three state banquets and didn't do a damn thing for the pork producers in my state of Iowa." from Third Day Story
- "They're worried about another currency devaluation in Argentina, and while I like a nice prime rib for 35 cents, the OAS ain't buying." from The Mommy Problem