Many issues are in play during a White House party to celebrate the argumentative First Lady's birthday as she contemplates the likely loss of her medical license the next day while the President is visited by proper British Ambassador Marbury who argues against Bartlet's meeting with a murderous Irish terrorist. In other rooms, Sam meets with a Senator who is blocking funding a controversial superconductor that would cost billions; Donna discovers that she's really Canadian -- and techically not an American; Abbey, C.J. and several of the women mischievously steal away to drink, dish and diss.
- Rob Lowe as Sam Seaborn
- Stockard Channing as Abbey Bartlet
- Dulé Hill as Charlie Young
- Allison Janney as C.J. Cregg
- Janel Moloney as Donna Moss
- Richard Schiff as Toby Ziegler
- John Spencer as Leo McGarry
- Bradley Whitford as Josh Lyman
- and Martin Sheen as Jed Bartlet
Special Guest Stars
- Mary-Louise Parker as Amy Gardner
- with Roger Rees as Lord John Marbury
- and Hector Elizondo as Dr. Dalton Millgate
Interesting to note, in the West Wing universe, the 1998 Good Friday Accord in Northern Ireland still happended with, presumably President Owen Lassister as a major player in its drafting rather than Bill Clinton.