Lawrence O'Donnell Jr. is a producer, writer and actor. O'Donnell portrays Dr. Bartlet on The West Wing.
In his "former life," O'Donnell was a legislative aide and later senior advisor to Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, Democrat of New York, and thus brought a wealth of first-hand experience to his political storytelling.
O'Donnell was one of the most prolific writers on the program. At the end of Season 2 he guest starred as President Josiah Bartlet's father in Two Cathedrals. O'Donnell started as a executive story editor in season 1, a co-producer and producer in season 2. He returned to the program in Season 5, serving as a consulting producer through the end of season 6 before being promoted to executive producer for the final season.
After the program ended, O'Donnell worked as a political consultant and eventually was given his own program by MSNBC, The Last Word.
- Five Votes Down (story with Patrick H. Caddell)
- Enemies (story with Rick Cleveland and Caddell)
- Lord John Marbury (story with Caddell)
- Take This Sabbath Day (story with Paul Redford and Aaron Sorkin)
- Celestial Navigation (story with Dee Dee Myers)
- The White House Pro-Am (with Redford and Sorkin)
- The Lame Duck Congress (story)
- The Drop-In (story)
- 18th and Potomac (story)
- Full Disclosure
- In The Room
- In God We Trust
- Message of the Week
- The Debate
- Two Weeks Out
- The Last Hurrah