Template:EpisodeNewTitle When Zoey attends a college fraternity party in which one of her friends is busted for using illegal drugs, C.J. struggles to keep the embarrassing story out of the press while the White House staff celebrates the confirmation of their nominee, Judge Mendoza, for the Supreme Court. An uncomfortable Josh is assigned to talk with the adminstration's controversial nominee for assistant attorney general for civil rights who advocates that African-Americans receive financial reparations for slavery. Elsewhere, Sam crosses swords with Mallory over the issue of private school vouchers while Mandy lobbies to secure two new pandas for the National Zoo. 
- Rob Lowe as Sam Seaborn
- Moira Kelly as Mandy Hampton
- Dulé Hill as Charlie Young
- Allison Janney as C.J. Cregg
- Richard Schiff as Toby Ziegler
- John Spencer as Leo McGarry
- Bradley Whitford as Josh Lyman
- and Martin Sheen as President Josiah Bartlet
Special Guest Star
- Timothy Busfield as Danny Concannon
- Jorja Fox as Agent Gina Toscano
- Janel Moloney as Donna Moss
- Elisabeth Moss as Zoey Bartlet
- Suzy Nakamura as Kathy
- Allison Smith as Mallory O'Brien
- Lindsay Sloane as Stacy
- Christopher Wynne as Edgar Drumm
- NiCole Robinson as Margaret Hooper
- Kim Webster as Ginger
- Devika Parikh as Bonnie
- Melissa Fitzgerald as Carol Fitzpatrick
- Kenneth Choi as S.S. Agent Mike
- Todd Sandler as Secret Service Agent
- Kimiko Gelman as Secret Service Agent Kelly
- Heather Dawn as College Student #1
- Erin Leshawn Wiley as College Student #2
- Ryan Notch as College Student #3
The staff making a big deal about C.J. singing "The Jackal" is similar to another of Aaron Sorkin show's episode plot. In the Sports Night episode "Dear Louise" the staff of the show makes a big deal about Dana (Felicity Huffman) drinking Margaritas and singing "Boogie Shoes." 
Mandy and Toby both vow to get revenge on Josh after he set the two up to have a meeting about the panda bear. However, no such reribution has ever taken place on screen.
Sam Seaborn's middle name is Norman.
- Mallory O'Brien: Wow.
- Sam Seaborn: What?
- Mallory O'Brien: For a guy who's trying to date me, that was pretty snotty.
- Sam Seaborn: Well, hang on. These are office hours. If I'd know I was working on that I would have had a whole different attitude.
- Mallory O'Brien: How could you write that position paper?
- Sam Seaborn: Which position paper?
- Mallory O'Brien: Don't play dumb with me.
- Sam Seaborn: No, honestly I am dumb. Most of the time I'm playing smart.
- Gina Toscano: I'm gonna look through an FBI photo album of teenage Nazis.
- C.J. Cregg: Why?
- Gina Toscano: I'm on a break.
- Mandy Hampton: I think we should get a panda bear.
- Josh Lyman: You say that now, but I'm the one who's gonna end up feeding him and walking him.
- Margaret Hooper: Hey, Toby.
- Toby Ziegler: Hey there, Margaret.
- Margaret Hooper: You all right?
- Toby Ziegler: Of course I'm all right. Why wouldn't I be?
- Margaret Hooper: You don't usually say "Hey there Margaret."
- Toby Ziegler: What do I usually say?
- Margaret Hooper: You usually growl something inaudible.
- Toby Ziegler: Not today... You on the other hand should turn that frown upside down.
- Margaret Hooper: Excuse me?
- Toby Ziegler: Let a smile be your umbrella.
- Margaret Hooper: Okay, now you're scaring the crap out of me.
- (They walk off in separate directions.)
- Toby Ziegler: (Singing) Gray skies are going to clear up... Hi Bobby. Put on a happy face. Hi Janet.
- Toby Ziegler: You're talking to me during "The Jackal"?!
- President Bartlet: (quoting from a book by George Washington) "In public, put not your hands on any part of your body that is usually covered."
- C.J. Cregg: Well, I do what it takes to keep the press corps happy, Mr. President.
- Sam Seaborn: It's my day of jubilee.
- Mallory O'Brien: I despise you and everything you stand for.
- Sam Seaborn: All right, my day was a little bit better a few seconds ago, but that's all right.