Texas is one of the 50 United States of America, the second most populous (after California) and second largest geographically (after Alaska). It is therefore a major factor in the calculations of any Presidential candidate.
- President Matt Santos (D; former 18th District Representative)
- Representative Tim Fields (D)
- Representative Peter Lien (D; 22nd District)
- Representative Carl Tillinghouse (D)
- Representative John Connelly III (R)
- Former Vice President John Hoynes (D; former Texas Senator and Senate Majority Leader)
- Former Representative Jim Cor (22nd District)