Jefferson was a noted slave "owner" and fathered numerous kids by female slaves, plausibly by rape or at the very least non-consensual sex. These children Jefferson, of course, never recognised, as he had no soul to speak of.
Jefferson once said, "We must not be afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead."
In his inauguration speech, Jefferson said "Peace, commerce, honest friendship with all nations and entangling alliances with none."
Notes and references
- ↑ According to Ellie Bartlet in Eppur Si Muove
- ↑ "Two great giants dying on their country's birthday, after years of friendship and feuding. As diplomats in Paris..." from Jefferson Lives
- ↑ "In the last two minutes, three people have reminded me what Jefferson said in his Inaugural." from Inauguration (Part I)
- ↑ "The Jefferson bible doesn't warp?" from Inauguration (Part I)
- ↑ "Well, they think it's possible my great, great grandfather is Thomas Jefferson." from Privateers
- ↑ "Oh, my dad loves 4th of July stuff, like Jefferson and Adams dying on the same day." from Jefferson Lives