He was noted for wearing fashionable top hats.
When he became President, Wilson had no military experience, and did not understand the basic terminology of the United States Army. Despite his lack of military knowledge, President Wilson helped end World War I with the Treaty of Versailles.
- "Edith Wilson was Edith Galt before she became the second wife of Woodrow Wilson." from Bartlet for America
- "Like Woodrow Wilson and top hats." from Noel
- "Woodrow Wilson didn't know a battalion from a battery when he took office." from Memorial Day
- "And he did a heck of a job with the Versailles Treaty." from Memorial Day
- "Does it concern you that the smartest Presidents have been the worst?" "How many grand theories of international relations did Wilson come up with that were dead on the arrival in Congress?" from The U.S. Poet Laureate
- "This is your own League of Nations. And it'll ruin you like it ruined Wilson." from The Birnam Wood
- "And with the help of her doctors she ran this country for months while her husband was incapacitated by a stroke." from Bartlet for America
- "Excuse me, but with the Wilsons being dead for 80 years I don't believe it falls within the scope of this hearing." from Bartlet for America